We are delighted to announce that Adept has passed its Cyber Essentials Certification.
What that means for you is peace of mind essentially because it demonstrates we are doing all we can to protect our customer’s data from cyber-attacks.
Government backed Cyber Essentials is a scheme which helps protect organisations, whatever their size, against a whole range of the most common cyber-attacks. Unfortunately, cyber-attacks come in many shapes and sizes and most can be very basic in nature. Cyber Essentials help guard against them.
To gain certification, we worked very closely with our IT specialists to show that as a team we had implemented the security measures needed to protect against cyber threat.
Gaining certification helps us:
- Ensure that our customers’ personal and sensitive data is protected from unauthorised access which reduces the risk of data breaches.
- Protect our own data against cyber-attack.
- Avoid downtime and data loss because of protecting against threats.
- Reduce our insurance premium by demonstrating the measures we have to guard against potential attacks.
- Comply with regulatory requirements.
- Differentiates us from our competitors who don’t have Cyber Essentials certification.
Adept Director Mark Pedley said: “At Adept we take cyber security extremely seriously and achieving this certification shows our ongoing commitment to the cybersecurity measures we have in place. We pride ourselves on doing all we can to protect our customers’ data, so we are delighted to have gained this certification as it validates that. Of course, there are benefits for us in having the certification, most importantly it gives our customers’ peace of mind that their data is safe with us.”
You can find out how to achieve Cyber Essentials Certification and what it means by going to: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/cyberessentials/overview