Supporting your public sector organisation
At Adept we have the 'Public Sector' knowledge and experience to manage your organisation and drivers. We can provide a consultative approach by implementing the right staff, SLA's and KPI's to ensure that your drivers get only qualified people responding to their questions. We have vast experience in all aspects of Public Sector fleet including fast response vehicles, electric vehicles, grey fleet management, managing essential users from supply to day to day management, personal leasing, salary sacrifice to full outsource.
Adept Director Mark Pedley has worked with NHS PASA and Buying Solutions organisations for a number of years at Appleyard Vehicle Contracts; Mark understands the process's, challenges and objectives with this type of contract. Mark can act as your organisation's account manager ensuring that Adept provides the highest service level.
We will implement a simple to use website specific to your Trust or organisation. Here's a summary of our services:
- Driver Direct Support: A cradle to grave process to assist the driver with best choice, arranging demo's, BIK tax advice through to updates and delivery. We also roll this process out with renewals by contacting the driver four months prior to end of contract.
- Procurement: We control the whole ordering to delivery process via the winning Buying Solutions provider.
- BIK Tax Advise: we provide tax calulators (e-mail) we also have tax helpline to support driver.
- Total Accident Management: A 24 hour / 365 day per year service. We organise all repairs, arrange courtesy cars whilst repair is being made.
- Motor Insurance: We work with Buying Solutions preffered insurer.
- Risk Management: We carry out driving licence checks ensuring that all documents are legal.
- Sales to driver: we arrange the process, arranging finance, warranties etc.
- Risk Management: As part of our consultancy
We understand Grey Fleet in the Public Sector - And we have answers!
Evidence indicates that grey fleet or employee travel in private vehicle for work related journeys makes up around 57% of total road mileage. It is estimated that that these journeys pump out over 300,000 tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere and cost over £380 million in reimbursement costs.
With the current pressure on Public Sector organisations to continuously review expenditure Grey Fleet is key area to make changes. With our expert independent consultancy, your organisation could unlock approximately £1 million pounds and reduce your carbon footprint by nearly 100,000 tonnes.
Adept’s independent specialist consultant - Why Mark Pedley
Working for one of the industries most respected leasing companies Appleyard Vehicle Contracts; Throughout his leasing career, Mark has worked very closely with a number of Public Sector organisations. In 2006 Mark was Appleyard’s senior project manager that won and implemented one of the first UK’s online Public Sector Salary Sacrifice products into a number of NHS Trusts. Introducing a dedicated NHS driver interactive website, vehicle insurance and tax calculator. The Salary Sacrifice system enabled a total one stop shop solution.
In 2007 Mark was appointed Head of Public Sector Operations with ING Car Lease UK where he managed a team and over 700 Public Sector Organisations with over 15,000 vehicles. Mark relationship managed at senior level ING Car Lease’s two largest accounts the OGC’s ‘Buying Solutions’ (formally NHS PASA) the UK’s largest fleet also the Central Buying Consortium.
From 2007 to 2010 Mark also managed the team that won a number of major supply chain management Public Sector Tenders including; Buying Solutions- Cars, Buying Solutions - Commercial Vehicles, CBC and a number of UK’s County Councils. In 2008/9 Mark worked closely on with the Office of Government Commerce on a number of successful Grey Fleet initatives.
The ability to drastically reduce costs, address risk and environment whilst developing an improved fleet policy within your organisation with Mark’s wealth of experience and success in the Public Sector industry do not hesitate to request a meeting. Please note that Mark’s consultancy is free of charge.